- This event has passed.
From Tragedy to a Safer Tomorrow
October 23, 2015 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm EDT
Safe and Sound Schools, in partnership with Boston University and the Boston University Police Department, is hosting a free evening event at BU for area students, K-12 and university educators, and first responders. This event gathers K-12 and higher education school communities around a common goal: better preparing today’s students for safe lives.
Our panel of speakers will be moderated by Meghna Chakrabarti of WBUR, Boston’s NPR station. Panelists include:
- Michele Gay – Mother of Josephine Gay, killed in the Sandy Hook tragedy, Founder/Executive Director of Safe and Sound Schools
- Scott Pare – Deputy Director of Public Safety at Boston University
- Kristina Anderson – Survivor of the Virginia Tech shooting, Founder of the Koshka Foundation for Safe Schools
- Mo Canady – Executive Director of the National Association of School Resource Officers
- Andre Ravenelle – Superintendent of Fitchburg Public Schools, President of the Massachusetts Association of School Superintendents
These speakers will share their own personal experiences and perspectives on how to better prepare today’s students for safety in school and beyond.