The Koshka Foundation and The Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services partner to host
“The Briefings: A National School Safety Symposium”
Monday, April 13, 2015 | Manassas, Virginia
Bringing together experts who have responded to and experienced school violence first-hand, “The Briefings” will provide tangible resources across school safety initiatives such as the importance of training and preparation, steps to create preventative solutions, and guidance on creating immediate recovery plans. We invite you to join us for this one-day school safety training to learn, collaborate and ask important questions that will be invaluable for your organization’s preparedness.
- Columbine case study in community rebuilding
- Debriefing of the Platte Canyon school shooting and lessons learned
- Low and no-cost school safety initiatives
- The SRP (Standard Response Protocol) model of school reunification
- Frank DeAngelis, Principal of Columbine High School (Retired)
- John-Michael Keyes, Executive Director, I Love U Guys Foundation
- AJ DeAndrea, Sergeant, Arvada, Colorado Police Department, Team Leader, Jefferson County Regional SWAT
Registration:$25, pre-registration is required. Click here to pre-register.
Monday, April 13th, 2015 | 8:00am – 4:30pm (Lunch is included)
Hylton Performing Arts Center (10960 George Mason Circle, Manassas, VA 20110)
Partial In-service Credit (PIC) for Virginia law enforcement officers and campus/school security officers will be available. All participants will receive a certificate of attendance following completion of an online evaluation after the training.